Dependent Permit

Dependent Permit

An investor may apply for a Dependent Permit for his/her spouse and child (0 to 3 years) allowing them to live in Seychelles. If the person wishes to work in the country, they have to apply for a Gainful Occupational Permit (GOP).

Steps to apply

Assess your eligibility

An investor is eligible to apply for a Dependent Permit for his/her spouse and child by meeting all the requirements below:


  • Must provide documentary proof of means to support the Dependent(s).

Dependent Permit holder:

  • Must reside in Seychelles for at least five days during the twelve-month period of the Permit.
  • Must not be a prohibited immigrant.
  • Must explore how he/she can contribute to the economic, social or cultural development of Seychelles.
  • Must not hold a Resident Permit or a Gainful Occupation Permit (GOP).
Gather your documents
  • Application form
  • Documentary Proof of Seychelles Citizenship of the applicant e.g. Copy of Seychelles passport bio-data page
  • A copy of Dependent’s passport bio data page.
  • A copy of the Marriage Certificate
  • A copy of the child’s (0 to 3 years) Birth Certificate
  • Two recent passport photographs of the Dependent (s)
  • A copy of the spouse’s Birth Certificate
  • Medical Certificate of the Dependent(s)
  • Documentary proof of means to support Dependent(s) (e.g. pay slip, savings etc.)
  • Security Bond (Department of  Immigration and Civil Status will advise on the sum required)

** All Birth and Marriage Certificates must be translated in English or French. **

Submit your application

Submit your application at the Immigration Office, First Floor, Independence House, Victoria, Mahé along with all supporting documents and the non-refundable processing fee of SCR 1,000 in cash.



Get your application outcome

The Department of Immigration and Civil Status will inform you of the outcome regarding the status of your Permit application. An annual fee of SCR1,000 must be paid upon approval and renewal of the Dependent Permit. If your application is denied, the department will inform you of the reason.



For more information, contact the Immigration Department on or call +248 429 3600.

Latest News